The East of England Energy Zone (EEEZ) was established by the Norfolk and Suffolk Energy Alliance (NSEA), a pioneering partnership of regional business and political leaders to smooth the way for future investment and development of the sector.
NSEA brings political and business support to that development in the East of England and access to our experienced supply chain through our regional industry body, EEEGR, and the Chambers of Commerce for the two counties.
Politically, it also incorporates Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Waveney District Council and North Norfolk District Council.
For potential inward investors, it makes life as straightforward as possible and prevents their having to face an array of public bodies and authorities.
NSEA can speak with one voice for a region which offers
- 50 years experience of working in the energy sector
- A perfect position for the East Anglia Offshore Wind development and convenient for Hornsea, Dogger Bank and many Round 2 wind farm developments
- Ports such as Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and Wells – with a track record of supporting the development of energy projects
- A specialist energy industry trade association EEEGR with 400 supply chain members
- Commercial premises and port-related land with quayside infrastructure – including much with Enterprise Zone benefits
- Designation by Government as a Centre for Offshore Renewable Engineering